Attention Grade 12 students! There are many opportunities to earn some extra money as you transition to the next level – book an appointment with your Counsellor and find out what opportunities wait for YOU!
Best of luck to all of our students!
Sites/ Resources you Need:
Key websites to access for information:
- ScholarshipsCanada.com. Fill in your profile and be matched to scholarships in their database
- https://yconic.com/– links and information on numerous scholarships
- Use Aeroplan or TD Points from the Travel Rewards Program to help pay for your education through HigherEdPoints
- Scholarship-grants.org – various listings of college, university and institutional scholarships sorted into various groupings such as:
top ranking universities, categories i.e. high school seniors, women, etc.), by deadline, by province
- findmyscholarships.com – created by students for students. Their goal is to help all Canadian Students find external scholarships in Canada.
- dosomething.org – The “dosomething” website listed has a particular emphasis on social justice and related causes, as opposed to academics.
- http://www.canlearn.ca/– Government of Canada Student Financial Assistance homepage
- Scholartree.ca – 100% free to students, where scholarships are updated everyday
- einfo – links to individual university scholarships/awards/bursaries available for Ontario
- http://www.higheredpoints.com/how-it-works/ – convert aeroplan and TD Travel Rewards Program points to tuition
- fundyourfuture.ca – Various contests give students the opportunity to win money
- www.myblueprint.ca – Various scholarships and contests
- https://www.electronicinfo.ca/assets/files/documents/scholarships.pdf – 88 pages of scholarships awarded by each university
- OSAP – estimate how much money you will be eligible for through OSAP
Also – Consult the BINDER in Student Services !
Please ensure that you do your research for the various University and local scholarships regarding criteria, nomination procedures(if required), and application deadlines as these do vary. For University deadlines see electronicinfo.ca. Then click on the FINANCE tab to search for individual major university scholarships. For local scholarships, check here regularly for updates and listen to morning announcements.
Some scholarships will require a school nomination. Scholarships that do require a school nomination for example are: The Loran Scholarship, The University of Toronto National Scholarship, and the Queen’s Chancellor/Quarms scholarship and the like. Holy Trinity reserves the right to select a candidate that best meets the scholarship criteria. Potential nominees are asked to speak with their counsellor to start the process one month prior to a major scholarship deadline for consideration.