Welcome to the Holy Trinity Library
Open Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
(unless otherwise posted on library doors)
Ms. Boote, Library Clerk
- Holy Trinity Library Catalogue *Ask Ms. Trowsdale about inter-library loans within HCDSB.
- Oakville Public Library Catalogue
Holy Trinity Library Loan Periods:
- 3 weeks for books (excl. Reference books) and magazines; renewal available with items in-hand
- 1 day for Reference books
- 1 period for Chromebooks (in-library use only)
Note: Some materials become non-circulating during projects at the request of teachers.
Online Magazines, Journals, Newspaper Articles, and Reference Books
- HCDSB Secondary Sources (search online databases – including EBSCO and Gale – and selected websites by category)
- NEW DATABASE: The Maclean’s Archive is a searchable archive of every Maclean’s issue since 1905 (over 1300 issues)! Canadian-focused editorial content with coverage supporting Canadian history, economics, social sciences, health, religion, business, creative writing & more. Feedback welcomed! See Ms. Trowsdale for username and password.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Infobase eBooks (includes Bloom’s Guides)
- TumbleBookCloud (ebooks and audiobooks)
- Salem Press Literature
- Salem Press History
- Salem Press Health
- Britannica School
- Canadian Encyclopedia
- Funk & Wagnall’s New World Encyclopedia
- New Catholic Encyclopedia
- Inquiry-Based Research Process
- Identifying Primary vs. Secondary Sources
- Search Strategies
- Student’s Research Guide
- Website Evaluation
Citation and Style Guides
- APA Style Guide (American Psychological Association), 6th ed.
- MLA Style Guide (Modern Languages Association), 7th ed.
- visit the official MLA Style Center for the 8th edition updates and more detailed assistance
- Chicago Manual of Style Guide (CMS), 16th ed.