Welcome to the Holy Trinity Oakville
Open Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
(unless otherwise posted on library doors)
Early closure (3pm) first and last Tuesday of each month
for Staff Meetings and Academic Council.
Ms. Boote, Library Clerk
- Holy Trinity Library Catalogue *Ask Ms. Trowsdale about inter-library loans within HCDSB.
- Oakville Public Library Catalogue
Holy Trinity Library Loan Periods:
- 3 weeks for books (excl. Reference books) and magazines; renewal available with items in-hand
- 1 day for Reference books
- 1 period for Chromebooks (in-library use only)
Note: Some materials become non-circulating during projects at the request of teachers.
Online Magazines, Journals, Newspaper Articles, and Reference Books
- HCDSB Secondary Sources
(search online databases – including EBSCO and Gale – and selected websites by category)
- The Maclean’s Archive is a searchable archive of every Maclean’s issue since 1905! It includes Canadian-focused editorial content with coverage supporting Canadian history, economics, social sciences, health, religion, business, creative writing & more.
- EBSCO eBook Collection
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Infobase eBooks (includes Bloom’s Guides)
- TumbleBookCloud (ebooks and audiobooks)
- Salem Press Literature
- Salem Press History
- Salem Press Health
- Britannica School
- Canadian Encyclopedia
- Funk & Wagnall’s New World Encyclopedia
- New Catholic Encyclopedia
- Inquiry-Based Research Process
- Identifying Primary vs. Secondary Sources
- Search Strategies
- Student’s Research Guide
- Website Evaluation
Citation and Style Guides
- APA Style Guide (American Psychological Association), 6th ed.
- MLA Style Guide (Modern Languages Association), 7th ed.
visit the official MLA Style Center for the 8th edition updates and more detailed assistance
- Chicago Manual of Style Guide (CMS), 16th ed.
Feel free to contact Ms. Trowsdale to book library time, or to request assignment-specific resource pathfinders and research presentations (please give advance notice for the latter two).
Access the Learning Resource Centre Catalogue here. You will need your employee number and school code to log in. Please contact the general Learning Resource Centre email to request items/kits to be sent to the school.