Holy Trinity offers a wide variety of activities. We believe that athletics and extra-curricular activities can and should play an important role in secondary school life by providing valuable learning situations outside of the regular classroom. In order to gain maximum benefit from the program(s), student athletes and activity members need to follow these expectations:
- Being a member of a school team/club is a privilege – not a right.
- Your number one priority is the regular school program that should not suffer due to athletics or club involvement. It is your responsibility to catch up on any work missed.
- You are expected to co-operate fully with all staff especially in the area of clean up, set up or moving of equipment.
- As student athletes and activity participants you are expected to co-operate completely with all requirements of school life, making certain that you adhere to policies regarding attendance, punctuality, dress, behaviour and deportment as defined by the staff. Students must be in attendance for classes on game/activity days or they may not be eligible to play/participate.
- You must be registered as a full time student
- You will accept full responsibility for the school equipment.
- Participating as a team or club member means making a commitment to the team and its members. It is important to attend all practices/meetings and to be on time.Â If you must miss, tell the coach/advisor personally as early as possible.
- Finally, remember that you are “goodwill ambassadors” and represent your school, coach/advisor and team/club mates during any activity. Your behaviour, therefore, must be at the highest level possible at all times, exhibiting good sportsmanship, adherence to game rules and courtesy to all officials, players and spectators.
ALL STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE IN SOME PHASE OF THE ATHLETIC AND EXTRA-CURRICULAR PROGRAM ENABLING THEM TO DEVELOP A WELL-ROUNDED EDUCATION BOTH MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY.
To participate in co-curricular athletic activities, you must have completed the following: Acknowledgement of Risks/Permission to Participate and Medical Information Form
These activities and others may be offered where there is sufficient student interest and the necessary staff expertise to provide a quality experience.
|Arts Festival||Mathematics Club/Contests|
|Athletic Council||OBEA Contests|
|Boy’s Baseball||Physics Contests|
|Boy’s Basketball||Rugby Boy’s/Girl’s|
|Girl’s Basketball||School Play|
|Chemistry Contest||School Liturgies|
|Chess Club||Social Action Club|
|Christmas Assembly||Ski Team|
|Computer Club||Soccer Boy’s/Girl’s|
|Concert Band||Student Athletic Council|
|Cross-Country Team||Student Council|
|Debating Club||School Reach|
|Fast For Action||Tennis Team|
|Field Hockey||Track & Field|
|French Club||Volleyball Boy’s/Girl’s|
Titans For Life
All students participating in extra-curricular activities are encouraged to purchase student accident insurance