Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School community is pleased to offer the services of a School Social Worker, Michelle Spudic and Child and Youth Counsellor (CYC), Shirley Patterson. All HCDSB Social workers are registered members of the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.Social Work and CYC’s may offer services such as advocacy, assessment, attendance counseling, classroom interventions, crisis intervention, consultation, and individual, family and group counseling to name a few. Michelle can be found in the attendance office. Shirley is located in the library.
High school can be a complex place for students to navigate sometime students are concerned about school performance, friends or family relationships. Social Workers support students dealing with any of these concerns and together they collaboratively problem solve to make things more manageable. 1 in 5 people deal with mental health issues such as anxiety, depression and overwhelming stress. The School Social Worker will help students manage any mental health issues which interfere with their healthy functioning at school. To access School Social Work services of CYC services, please do not hesitate to contact the Vice-Principals or Michelle directly.
Below are some community resources to access should you or your family need support:
- Coast (Crisis Outreach and Support Team): a 24/7 crisis line for youth 16 and over 1877-825-9011
- ROCK (Reach Out Centre for Kids): Crisis Response line 905-878-9785
- ROCK (counselling services for individual and family): 905-634-2347
- Oakville Distress Centre: 24/7 crisis line 905-849-4541
- SAVIS (Sexual Assault & Violence Intervention Services of Halton): 24/7 helpline 905-875-1555
- ADAPT (Halton Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Assessment, Prevention and Treatment Services: 905-847-6547
- Bridging the Gap (provide support for youth 16-24 years old who are homeless or at risk of homelessness): 1-877-425-8661
- Halton Family Services (counselling services for individual/family): 905-845-3811
- Halton Women’s Place (Shelter for abused women and their children 24/7): 905-332-7892
- Danielle’s Place (Eating disorder support and resource centre): 1-866-277-9959
- Halton Regional Police Services (non-emergency): 905-825-4747