Dear Students and Families of Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School,
We are excited to welcome you to another great school year here at HT. For those of you new to us, welcome! To our returning families, welcome back!
We wanted to share some important information and reminders with all of our families!
- School begins on Tuesday, September 8th.
- Student Timetables – Students will be able to access their timetables though the SIS system (check under the School Information tab on our website at holytrinityoakville.ca) after 3:00 pm Friday Sept 4th. Students will also receive a hard copy in their homerooms on Sept 8th (homeroom lists will be found in the atrium).
- New Student Orientation – takes place this Wednesday, Sept 2nd beginning at 9 am. All students new to HT are welcome to attend!
- School Information – students and families are asked to check the website and review the school information tab. In particular, please review expectations around attendance, uniform and Code of Conduct. It is important that we work together to create a positive and supportive school environment where expectations for student behaviour are clearly communicated.
- New School Hoodie – we are pleased to offer a new school hoodie as a uniform option – check them out at McCarthy’s!
- Used Uniform Sale – takes place this Wed, Sept 2nd, from 9am to noon.
- Concussions – Recent research shows that a concussion can have very serious implications on a child`s cognitive and physical abilities. Parents and guardians are reminded that a comprehensive protocol, based on current research and best practices, has been developed to help parents, students, and staff prevent, recognize, and respond to a concussion. More information, including a Parent Fact Sheet and a Student Fact Sheet can be found on the Board`s website at: http://bit.ly/HCDSBConcussion.
- School Council – we encourage all of our parents and guardians to become involved in our School Council. Please stay tuned for more information! This is a great way to support the school/home partnership.
- Important Dates – for the school year are posted on the main page of our website. Please check them out.
Again, we are excited to work with you this year! Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you have any questions or concerns.
Justine O’Grady (School Principal) on behalf of all HT staff